> From: Paul Johnson [mailto:ba...@ursamundi.org]
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports
> On May 4, 2012 5:41 PM, "Alan Mintz" <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > ...and we need to examine what our existing user tools and server
processing
> > and storage resources are and how they can handle the amount of data
desired
> > before just blindly throwing many times the existing data size at them.
In
> > Bakersfield, the building outlines and some landuse and other objects
inflated
> > the data size by ~1000%.
> Perhaps this makes for a good test case. By the way, didn't Spain and
France both go through something similar not that long ago?

No. The French community found property lot data to be not worth importing.
The Spanish data that was eventually proposed for import did not contain lot
data. I'm not sure if there's a new proposal in the works but as it stands
the Spanish import is just for roads and gardens.