At 2012-05-04 14:57, Brett Lord-Casitllo wrote:
If digitization of roads is acceptable, when superior ground survey is readily available, then coordinate construction of and improvement of parcels from ground survey has to be an acceptable task.

I agree, except you and I may be the only two people that have ever done this in OSM (assuming you have) :) I can't imagine "the crowd" finding interest in this, nor would it seem possible to feed the info back to the custodian unless you are an interested party and licensed surveyor.

I've worked with land records to resolve differences between sources of street name and boundary data because I find it interesting, but AFAIK there are not many like me.

I've occasionally surveyed benchmarks on the ground, mostly for the purpose of determining satellite imagery alignment accuracy, and I know that's pretty rarely done in OSM, too. I put this information in OSM as proof of whatever I was researching, but I certainly am not interested in methodically surveying parcels for no reason, and can't imagine others would be either.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>