Hi,

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 04.08.2012 12:05, Stellan Lagerström wrote:
>
>> Nice. What do the colors signify?
>> And I would suggest adding "Show in OSM" and/or "Edit in Potlatch/JOSM"
>> links.
>>

> There's also my version of this:
>
> http://tools.geofabrik.de/**osmi/?view=redactionbot&lon=-**
> 118.13960&lat=33.96068&zoom=10<http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=redactionbot&lon=-118.13960&lat=33.96068&zoom=10>
>
> In contrast to Martijn's map, this one isn't at all pretty ;) and my map
> doesn't differentiate roads from other stuff (or motorways from primary
> roads etc.) - the OSMI view simply shows a red mark wherever something was
> deleted by the bot; an orange mark wherever something was last edited by
> the bot; and a yellow mark where something was edited by the bot but
> someone else touched it later. It can show the (former) tags of deleted
> objects if you click on them (but don't you copy that into OSM...) and it
> has a "trash can" button that allows you to make a red thing go away (for
> cases where you say: well, that has been remapped already, or: this is
> really such a marginal feature that we don't need a mapper to go there and
> survey it again). Red things trashed this way become green. Update
> frequency is a couple times a day.

The OSMI visualization is much more comprehensive and I would recommend it
to anyone interested in doing systematic remapping. What I will do is add a
link to the Inspektor for the same extent.
What my map adds to the Inspektor view is a focus on the main road system.
Also, it is very easy to add a new query to the visualization. It is
currently updated every hour.

Martijn

--
martijn van exel