On 11/29/12 11:36 PM, Ian Dees wrote:
On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

On Thursday, November 29, 2012, Mike N wrote:

So map the driveways and buildings, too.  I mean, how core are we?

My hope is that we can get the best address points added to OSM then we
improve on it when needed. Automating the repetitive task of address entry
by converting existing government data is a huge step to getting addressing
coverage. Once we get it in there we can move it/correct it in less time.

We should probably decide now if the goal of OSM's address points should be
rooftop or driveway points. It sounds like we're mostly in agreement that
it should be rooftop.

roof top works as long as we provide the driveways in cases where they
are long or "unusual".

for the garmin/mkgmap case, we have to actually attach the address to
notes on the road. having the long/twisty driveways mapped helps a lot.

richard