On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:16 AM, Josh Doe <j...@joshdoe.com> wrote:

> Excellent idea and a good time to do it. Cleaning up the wiki around
> US-related imports should be among the first tasks, and bringing together
> all the lessons learned from imports to date.
> -Josh

What is stopping these this from happening without a committee?

I appreciate the interest in reducing import frustration all around, but
there's nothing stopping the wiki from being cleaned up in a way that
fosters group discussion and there's nothing stopping people from turning
lessons learned into well-defined rules.

>From the above example, what's the "appropriate amount of time for the
community to review the data"? That seems like something we could define
without a committee.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a committee, but I believe process
definition - and not organizational structure is our current biggest issue
with imports.

Serge - thanks for taking the lead in bringing this idea forward.

- Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas