Agreed. What I *really* want is a version of this map that's tailored to
meaningful jurisdictions, Census places and counties. It's one thing to see an
all-over view but if you're a city GIS guy and you have a file of data that you
want to input, it'd be useful for you to see just your specific area with some
guidance on how to proceed:

1. How much is green vs. not green, and the likelihood of improvement.
2. OSM users who are responsible for existing work in your area.
3. Non-highway data in the area, e.g. POIs and such.

Christine White from Esri, who attended SOTM-US in Portland, told me that at
the annual user conference she gets a regular stream of these people
approaching her with blobs of official data, a desire to donate it to OSM, and
no knowledge about how to proceed or what effect it would have. We should help
her and them!

-mike.