On Jan 4, 2013, at 3:33 PM, Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net> wrote:

> On 1/4/13 1:31 PM, Michal Migurski wrote:
>> Interesting—how would you characterize "bad" roads? One characteristic of
>> crappy TIGER data is road wiggliness, is that what you mean?
>
> the tiger 2010/11/12 data is much better for many of the "bad tiger" areas.
> it'd be a bit of work to do
> a comparison of the data, but it might be able to yield the desired
> information.

This is exactly the direction I'm thinking. What would it take to create a
TIGER 07 vs 12 comparison map and use this as a basis for identifying the areas
that need most attention? I've been talking to Ian over here and we were
thinking of intersecting OSM highway data with TIGER 12. This could be achieved
e. g. by overlaying a light, opaque OSM highway layer with a contrasting TIGER
layer, only exposing TIGER 12 geometry where it differs from OSM.

Thoughts?

> richard

Alex Barth
http://twitter.com/lxbarth