On 02/11/2013 08:34 AM, Michael Patrick wrote:
> FYI, an official ruling from Mouseland. This email stuff is pretty cool,
> one can actually directly ask somebody who is a Subject Matter Expert! ;-)

While I admire the resourcefulness, I do question whether we're doing
"the right thing" if we are trying to interpret the law in this way.
We're obviously ill-equipped to do so ourselves.

I know the current turn restriction relations aren't suited for it.
But, instead of tagging "left turn restriction from X to Y" shouldn't we
be tagging "the pavement has an arrow that says left turn only"?

One of those requires interpretation and is subject to the law changing
or being interpreted differently.  The other is only subject to change
if someone goes out and scrapes the arrow off the pavement.