If it wasn't this dispute then it would have been another.  At least now
there's a precedent set for ground truth and following the local laws.  One of
the premises of OSM is that crowd-sourcing and local knowledge improves the
quality of the maps, I think this conversation and eventual legal conclusion
attained by going to the local authorities is exactly what OSM is about.