From: lordsu...@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 23:30:24 -0500
To: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Shields are up!

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM, James Mast <rickmastfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm curious, but has a solution been found for the problem with the PA Turnpike
because of having to split up the ways into separate ones for each direction
because of the relation getting close to the "1000 way" limit we've imposed?

I still think that using the "super" relation I created to tie the route
together could be used instead for applying the shields over the separate ways
for each direction.

I'm not sure why/how directional relations would be a problem; I have the
signed part of I-22 labeled with separate east/west relations yet there aren't
2x the number of I-22 shields as there are US 78 shields (which is a single
relation).

http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html#13/33.6875/-87.0588

(For routing applications we probably want directional relations anyway, since
directional heuristics based on geography aren't always right in terms of the
signed/"logical" route direction.)

Chris--
Chris Lawrence <lordsu...@gmail.com>

Website: http://www.cnlawrence.com/