On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Richie Kennedy <richiekenned...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having trouble getting
> county road shields in my area to render.
>
> Example:
> http://tile.openstreetmap.us/osmus_shields/preview.html#16/39.0031/-95.3842
>
> I have made County Road 1029 a relation and, using another county road as
> a template, set the network as US:KS:Douglas (and have also tried US:KS:CR)

Richard is correct. Kansas doesn't have any county road shields defined
yet. Phil started off with data that actually exists and at the time Kansas
didn't have any county relations. I will try putting together a sensible
list for the state.

> Also, is there a way to fix the Kansas Turnpike shield. The KTA shield is
> not rendered as a cutout anywhere, even on guide signs.

It was a style choice by Phil to do all shields as cutouts. I think it
looks pretty good and having one that isn't a cutout may look odd... or
not. I don't know. But yes, it can of course be changed.

> [As an aside, the 'N' and 'E' on Douglas County roads do *not* stand for
> 'North' or 'East,']

TIGER didn't get the memo apparently

Toby