On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So if you have expertise in Tilemill, I'd love the help in setting up
> some tiles that show probable abbreviations.

Sorry, I've only created tiles from shapefiles, not from OSM data.

I did look at the address data. It does contain lots of variation. EAst,
WEst, Ro, Rd, suite numbers in addr:street, There are 20K distinct street
names in the db. Some are variations of the same name, for example 4th Av
and 4th Avenue.

If anyone wants to look at the data,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/51dy31ivgkar89m/sandiego.csv

There does appear to be an E Avenue but no W
(Avenue)|(Road)|(Street)|(etc.)

What would be especially helpful if we had some local mappers involved.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us