Without getting all political on people, I do wish to remind everybody that Arizona is not AZ. The former is one of the fifty sovereign states of the union, the latter is a (federal) corporate entity created by the Buck Act (oh, and coincidentally, conveniently used as a postal address by the USPS). They are NOT the same thing, and they ARE two different things. Let's be careful to use the proper one, which I believe is Arizona.

For example, I insist that I live in a place called California. I absolutely do not live in a place called CA. They are two different places, and one is not the other. If we are being truly accurate, these are absolutely not freely interchangeable.

While I agree that in some circumstances it is very convenient to use a two-letter abbreviation for a state, and I do on occasion take advantage of this convenience, please keep in mind the very distinct semantics which differentiate these entities.

SteveA
California

wiki says to use abbreviated. see
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:state#For_countries_using_hamlet.2C_subdistrict.2C_district.2C_province.2C_state>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:state#For_countries_using_hamlet.2C_subdistrict.2C_district.2C_province.2C_state

I almost had a panic attack because I use abbreviated state in all my addresses.

Mike