On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:

> My initial reaction to any automated edit is to break out in a rash.
> Can we use that image to promote mapping best practices?  :-)
>
> Goal: A new local mapper in each BadHamlet

Here's what I did with bike repair stations:

1) Import the data *
2) Import a note at the same spot saying "this needs local input to finish
the mapping".

So the map got the basic data right away, plus a start on the processes of
engaging a local mapper to finalize things.
At the scale I used it for, it worked.  Real local mappers found the things
on the ground and finished the job.

---
With hamlets, the automated edit is a form of improvement.  Add local input
and you've got a great map.