On Mon, Sep 28, 2015, at 12:33 AM, Tom Bloom wrote:
> TIGER drew thousands of driveways that are often simply wrong. They are
> tagged private and in my opinion spoil the map appearance with little red
> squiggles all over the place. No other map I've found includes them.
> Looking around the country, I notice some areas where they were removed,
> changed to service roads, drawn de novo, and one area (near Rosebud, OR)
> where they were inexplicably changed to living_street, which they just
> aren't.
> I've been deleting them if wildly wrong, and would like to delete all I
> encounter. Any ideas?

In urban areas, it makes no sense to try to map residential driveways; I
map the service roads/parking aisles/etc leading into parking lots and
gas stations when I can. In rural areas, it may make more sense to map
them as they are sometimes the only landmarks visible on an aerial. Yes,
there's lots of "TIGER barf" where the driveways are either way off from
their true positions or just not there anymore, but these should usually
be fixed and not just deleted.

--
  Shawn K. Quinn
  skqu...@rushpost.com