Had it been discussed beforehand so that other consumers would be aware of the
meaning of the new tag, I wouldn't personally have a problem with it. access=no
is also a decent suggestion (and would not require discussion with the
community beforehand), but there is likely a quantitative difference between
these informal trails and the official ones, so it makes sense to have a
different tag value.

-Nathan