On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Charlotte Wolter <techl...@techlady.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Looks like, given Paul's information, that I just have to go in and
> correct as many as I can.
>         This is an occasional issue with TIGER data. Somehow, when an
> address is located at the end of a driveway, especially long driveways,
> the driveway is given the street name. It may be a thing with TIGER
> software. Having worked on the Census, I know they create streets by
> marking a GPS point for every address. So, somehow the processing of
> the information they get, driveways become streets.
>         I'll keep working on it.

I think that you are doing the wrong thing here.  The data came from the
Virgina to Census as is.  It is not like the Census made a mistake here.
That's how the jurisdiction maps their area.  To remove the street names or
the driveways is wrong for the area.  I make my statements based on the
prior version.  Dave Hansen brought those driveways as the were.  The
bot-mode expanded a the names and removed moved a few Tiger tags.  You'll
have remove the names from a larger portion than just Rustburg. I don't
think that you are being respectful of the local customs by imposing your
jurisdictions customs on their area.

Regards,
Greg Morgan