The concept of expressway is not as well known as a freeway. Many people,
especially in places like NYC, might consider expressways and freeways to
be interchangeable terms. Heck, even in Tulsa, you have the Broken Arrow
Expressway, and the Sand Springs Expressway, which, despite being called
expressways, have full access control and no at-grade intersections and no
places where one crosses into oncoming traffic.

Also, as for super-twos, let's not discuss that right now. I'd prefer us to
stick to talking about trunk roads *only*, since that's the topic of this
thread. Let's not go on that tangent, and I'd like to know what you think
about how the standard Mapnik render differentiates between undivided and
divided trunk roads. It's a pretty obvious distinction to me, and you can
*easily* tell the two apart. If anything, I think that that helps us out
here.