We have open sourced our US POI data, it may not be ready for a direct
import into OSM, but we'd be willing to try to get it there.

Its a national directory of 59 million US businesses, that has been updated
as of this summer. And should be getting another refresh shortly.

What process is there to discuss and work to integrate this data?

The data is available under a creative commons attribution license at
https://omniplaces.cybo.com/

I would be willing to waive and/or clarify certain aspects of the licence
if needed however.
* I asked this same question in help.openstreetmap.org
<https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/60508/submit-open-source-poi-data>,
and was referred to these mailing lists

Regards,
--