On Feb 21, 2018 23:29, "Nick Hocking" <nick.hock...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've always been of the opinion that any of the original TIGER data import
that has not yet been edited and does not have a name tag, should just be
deleted.

Then, and only then can the rural areas begin to be mapped correctly.

In the early days there were  a lot of people who thought that "any data is
better than no data" whereas I believe that "no data" is better than bad
data.

Or maybe the unedited original TIGER that's still around dropped to
highway=road.  Arguably this should have been the default to start with as
"we think there's a road here but not sure exactly what" type thing anyway.