On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:25:02 -0800
OSM Volunteer stevea <stevea...@softworkers.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Tod Fitch <t...@fitchdesign.com> wrote:

> > Anyway, what is the current best practice dealing with TIGER tags
> > once the road has been surveyed and corrected? Remove all TIGER
> > tags or just the reviewed tag?
>
> As I am not familiar with the "things you've read," while also
> wondering myself whether additional TIGER tags (tiger:cfcc,
> tiger:zip, etc.) should remain or be deleted, I also pose this
> question to the greater talk-us community.  What DO we do with these
> additional TIGER tags as we endeavor to "clean up TIGER" in the USA?
> Is there consensus on a definitive "best practice" for removing or
> leaving them?  (Consensus is clear that we remove tiger:reviewed=no
> after we've reviewed the way).
>
> Our wiki https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/TIGER_fixup is silent on this
> particular issue (of removing or leaving additional tags).  BTW
> another wiki of ours, https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/TIGER_Edited_Map
> gives a nice overview/documentation of the Ito map.
>
> We might create a new thread or keep it in this one:  but even as a
> seasoned TIGER cleanup volunteer, I don't know what to do with
> additional TIGER tags, and I guarantee everybody reading this that
> I'm not alone there!

I find the "tiger:county" tag to be useful as a quick way to figure out
where I am when looking at a changeset or otherwise am zoomed in on the
map while editing.  "tiger:zip" would be useful when adding addresses if
I could trust it, but it's wrong too often.  The rest of the tags
aren't useful because either they can be derived from the OSM-relevant
tags on the road, or they're wrong/outdated.

--
Mark