On 2/12/2018 4:25 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
As I am not familiar with the "things you've read," while also wondering myself whether additional
TIGER tags (tiger:cfcc, tiger:zip, etc.) should remain or be deleted, I also pose this question to the
greater talk-us community.  What DO we do with these additional TIGER tags as we endeavor to "clean up
TIGER" in the USA?  Is there consensus on a definitive "best practice" for removing or leaving
them?  (Consensus is clear that we remove tiger:reviewed=no after we've reviewed the way).

JOSM has an internal list of TIGER tags that are silently removed on any edit - I find tiger:zip and tiger:county to be somewhat useful on maproulette challenges so I know where I landed. There's probably another way to get that information though. I'm not sure if tiger:cfcc has any supporters. There's also this patch, and I don't know if any others have been added.