On 8/21/2018 11:39 AM, Jmapb wrote:

Don't know how common these sort of predatory tactics are outside NYC, but fair warning, there may be businesses out there who are no longer delighted at the thought of someone "from the internet" taking notice of their publicly-posted information.

Good story! I've only been questioned twice: once by a store owner who probably thought I was from some municipal code enforcement department, and one from a passing jogger. In both cases I handed out a card and a quick explanation and that was the end of it. But I do data entry back on the desktop so my appearance is normally just walking by and snapping 1 or 2 photos of each item.