Handing out business cards is a great idea, which we in Russia have used numerous times. This usually directs a conversation towards mapping and its benefit for people, which is always good. You should not hide when mapping: educating people about OSM is an important part of surveying.

You can find a few design examples on our wiki:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Business_card

Ilya