AASHTO has completed it's "Autumn 2018 round" of national route numbering
approvals (almost) and there are new USBRs for OSM to map.

One is already completed (thank you, user:micahcochran!):  USBR 15 was extended
from Georgia into Florida to connect to Florida's existing USBR 90.

In Kentucky, route data for USBR 21 (Georgia also has 21) and USBR 23
(connecting to Tennessee's 23) are also available.  While our WikiProject (see
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/WikiProject_U.S._Bicycle_Route_System ) has route
data for both of these — PDF maps and turn-by-turn spreadsheets — the route is
not quite yet approved.  I have been told by a knowledgable source that "the
AASHTO bureaucrat in charge of preparing the vote didn't put the (Kentucky)
applications in front of the committee.  As a result, the applications were
sent to the committee for an email vote, which is not yet concluded."  That's
OK.

So, as is our usual (established for at least the last five years) process, we
can take the sometimes substantial time and effort it takes to enter these
while we wait for this "email vote approval" to complete, while the route is
tagged state=proposed in the meantime.  Kentucky's 21 and 23 are each "seeded"
in one southern county, properly tagged, they simply need completion.  If
AASHTO's email vote approves these, we remove the state=proposed tag, whether
the route is fully entered into OSM or not.  Let's enter it sooner rather than
later!  Details on how to do so and links to route data in the cloud are found
at the WikiProject link above.  Step right up, please!

Thank you for making OSM (and its companion renderer OpenCycleMap, as well as
other great bicycle routing tools) one of the most comprehensive bicycle
routing platforms in the world.  Like "E pluribus, unum" in the USA, "Ex data,
multum" in OSM:  "From data, much."  (Yes, I did just make that up!)

SteveA
California