Mar 3, 2019, 10:30 PM by nbol...@gmail.com:

> > Also for me - in my opinion it is not a hack, it is a well working solution.
>
> I want to use this exact info to figure out which areas need more mapping of
> sidewalks - and I plan to do so eventually. But it's not easy!
>
> Here's a friendly and annoying challenge: tell me which sidewalks need to be
> mapped (because they are separate geometries, I mean highway=footway,
> footway=sidewalk) in Graz, Austria. We will ignore thinking about stale road
> way information. Use any tools you'd like! Graz is very well-mapped and was
> chosen to be, theoretically, one of the easier places from which to ask this
> question.

I agree that it is harder than it should be - in my city I started also adding
sidewalk=separate
on roads where sidewalk are mapped as separate highway=footway.

As for going from ready data - it is possible to take all roads, exclude ones
with sidewalk tag,
exclude ones with footway=sidewalk within N meters but no matter chosen N there
will be
some false positives and/or false negatives.

Tagging sidewalk tag on all city roads (sidewalk=separate, sidewalk=none) is
required to
solve that, though it will still not catch simply outdated info.