I have done this in the area around Potsdam, NY. Assigning the address to the centroid of all the points that describe the parcel works quite well. It's not perfect, though. Look at May Road. I've entered addresses there in three different ways:

  o On the building as an area, traced by hand and added by hand.

  o On the centroid of the parcel as a point.

  o On an address interpolation way, which hops from parcel point to parcel point.

The addresses are, as a rule, close enough to the houses to be well worth the effort it took to import them. But, go look at it yourself.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/44.70688355057632/-74.96382634924055