In  https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/59418875, seems we've hit on
some inconsistency in the documentation.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_States_roads_tagging#Tagging_Forest_Roads
suggests
that the ref should go in the name for national forest roads, when this is
directly contradicted by the common use of name, which is that the name is
only the name, as outlined at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Names#Name_is_the_name_only

Also specifically about that road in that changeset, name=Dufur Valley Road
got moved to alt_name, though I can confirm firsthand that the addresses
along it are Dufur Valley Road and it's signed as such at least at the east
end.

Could we get the US Road Tagging page updated to reflect common name
practice instead of encouraging the duplication of the ref in the name?  Or
is that going to spark drama?