Hi all,

Recently, someone has taken it on himself to downgrade most (all?)
highway=trunk roads in the eastern U.S. to just primary.  The odd
thing is that the very wiki page he cites as his reason fully supports
keeping them as trunk.  Many of them I'm personally familiar with, and
even absent the wiki's definition, they actually make more sense as
trunk from a driving perspective.

A few other editors have been getting involved in discussions with
him, some helpfully, others not quite.  He was specifically invited to
join this mailing list (and tagging), to discuss things, but as far as
I can tell hasn't done so yet.  Andy from DWG also suggested that he
join the OSMUS Slack channel, but I can't tell that he's done that,
either.

Of particular concern to me isn't just his downgrades, but his
attitude about them.  Some of his changeset comments basically tell
anyone who disagrees with him to appeal his decision to him, and he'll
decide if the appellant is right or not, and if he catches anyone
reversing his changes, he'll just revert it back.  Given his
already-posted attitude about his edits, I'm not sure that trying to
message him privately will do much good.

I'm going to go ahead and put out here that I've gone ahead and
changed some of them back to highway=trunk anyway, because as I said,
they just make more sense that way, *and* meet the wiki's definition.
And I'm quite sure that he'll revert them as soon as he notices.

Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, questions, jokes, etc.,
about the situation?

Regards,
Jack