Welcome Tomas !

This site is usually updated weekly :
http://download.cloudmade.com/africa/south_africa#breadcrumbs

And if you don't like their img files, you can set up a GroundTruth script.

AFAIK no keepright.

Has someone compiled a list of Afrikaans to English translations ?
Weg -> Road
Rln -> Rylaan -> Drive
Str -> Straat -> Street
Sgl -> Singel -> Crescent
Ln -> Laan -> Avenue
Stg -> Steeg -> Lane
Hoekie -> Nook

Time for another mapping party ? The Cradle area is a significant tourist
destination and relatively unmapped. But it doesn't have a lot of ways,
being agricultural :
http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=-25.9946&lon=27.6994&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF

Then there's also the Jaunty Release Party on Saturday :
http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/Jaunty_Release_Party/Pretoria