Hi Wimpie!

You've come to the right place: we need more GPS traces, especially of
out-of-the-way places.  Do you have a GPS device that can record
traces, and do you know how to get them as GPX files?  If so, you can
upload them to http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces - you'll have to
create a username, but that is quick and easy.

If you get Nic Roets's Gosmore software for a gps device, you can see
which roads don't currently have streetnames loaded.  If you drive
down those streets, you can capture the information as well.  There
are various ways to do this.

There are some other interesting projects going on, for example Nic's
project to get house numbers for all the roads in Pretoria.  You can
get in touch with him through this mailing list if you will have the
time and energy for this kind of thing.

Regards,

David

--