2009/7/31 Heinz Meulke <heinz.meu...@gmail.com>:
> I currently have a Garmin Extrex GPS.... and I am always keen to log trips
> wherever I drive, but it only keeps 9999 points and I frequently manage to
> fill it up.
>
> I need something that can record lots(unlimited) points. So should I travel
> for 2 weeks I do not need to frequently stop and download tracklogs.
>
> Any recommendations? What do other people use?
> There are lots of data loggers on the market, but where to start? Any good
> ones?

An iBlue 747A+ is a great little standalone GPS data logger if you can
get it. ~R650. It is sold under a few different names. Bidorbuy.co.za
has them under the name i-Blue 747A+.
eg:
http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/14783650/i_BLUE_747A_BLUETOOTH_GPS_TRIP_RECORDER_66_CHANNEL_AGPS.html

Records up to 125000 waypoints and can be downloaded to most
cellphones which can run java. It comes with a car charger.

There is an agent based in Langebaan, but their prices are much
higher. Not had much luck with them.

/ Grant