Hi Tony,

I would suggest browsing through the help forum, here's an example.

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/70677/gps-trace-is-not-searchable

Traces in OSM are intended more an aid for editing than as usable data.

You may want to rather consider creating routes and editing OSM. I know
it's more work but also more useful long term. Perhaps you can get others
to help in the Mountain Meanders group as a project. I'm sure you may also
find some sort here when needed!!

Just some thoughts,
Good luck, I like what you are doing!
John