I have windows 8.1 on a desktop and I am using win-eyes 9.0 and I have very few problems. I find it very easy to use. Rick

On 2/25/2015 2:34 PM, Don H via Talk wrote:
I bought a Windows 8.1 laptop two months ago and I find it very useable.
  Only issue I have are some focus issues but they are manageable for
the most part.  So if you can get a Windows 7 machine I would say buy it
but I think the fear of Windows 8 has been over blown.