Hi: There could be many reasons for the lag.
It could be the synth, WindowEyes use of Vbscripts, The EyeCandy of the OS
like fading, sliding and other "cool" visual effects and so on.
The thing to do is to first turn off all the OS Eye Candy options.
I forget how to do it but it is pretty easy, just some check boxes.
If the lag goes away you are done.
If not look into synths, I want to get a better one than the free available
one I selected from the list of synth options when I installed WindowEyes.
I am a quick typer and it gets quite annoying at times and I don't like the
way things are read with my current synth but I think it the best in
theavailable synths without figuring out how to install a paid synth.
But, try turning off all the Eye Candy of the Windows 8.1 platform first and
see if that takes care of your problem.
If you use 8.1 you know it a hassle to figure anything out but I will track
down how to do it if you get stuck.
Rick USA