I would recommend rebooting a second time after you're prompted to do so when the WE 9 installation completes. After doing so, and letting things settle down for a few minutes, then try installing 9.1.

I don't recall problems particular to installing updates, however, I have occasionally seen minor quirks after the first reboot and discovered most if not all vanished after the second.

Good luck,
Tom

On 4/8/2015 7:03 PM, Loy via Talk wrote:
That is what I thought. So, I'll uninstall WE 9 and reinstall then try
again. Thanks
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad via Talk"
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
To: <brendoncdono...@icloud.com>; "Window-Eyes Discussion List"
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: can't install WE 9.1 update on Win 8.1 Dell computer

You can not  download the full version of Window-eyes 9.1 from the
web. you simply can not do it, no matter how you slice it. You can
download an upgrade file, but not the full version of 9.1.
I think that's a neat idea that the AI squared guys should think about
doing in the future, as a lot of companies are moving away from
delivering their programs on physical media.