The issue is present in Outlook 2010 as well and the situation gets worse by
the day or week.

I'm running office 2010 at work using an HP desktop computer running Windows
7 64-bit with I believe Internet explorer 10. This is on a Microsoft
Exchange server.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated and no one should not have to add a
bunch of extra files just to get this to work when Word files are no
problem.  What is so different about XL that they are a problem in 2010 and
higher?

This is a problem that needs to be dealt with as those in employment
situations do not necessarily have the option to run office 2007 where XL
attachments are are no problem.
Thanks and hope to see a fix soon even if I can't figure out whose problem
this one is.

Karyn Campbell, Illinois USA, karyn1...@gmail.com
Using WE 9.1  on HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 home premium 64-bit
with Office 2013 and IE 11 as well as Acer netbook running Windows 7  home
premium 64-bit with Office 2007 and IE 10 and Vipre Antivirus for now on
Acer netbook and Macaffe Live safe on HP Pavilion.