there is definitely a "startup" sound, but they have gotten rid of the windows shut down sound since windows 8.

At 06:18 PM 10/29/2015, you wrote:
According to this list, there is no startup or shutdown sound in Windows-10. I just use my WE sounder to reassure me that the process is beginning, then I remain very quiet and patient (which is not easy for me to do) and wait until I hear the computer turn itself off.