Hi:
I am using Window-eyes 9.4 on  a Windows 7 64-bit system and
I just tried pressing control-numpad 5 twice in Notepad, and, while
Window-eyes  read the current line on the first press of
control-numpad 5, the second press of the key combination did not
cause Window-eyes to spell that line.
Kevin Huber