How do you know which version to download? The n, kn, single language etc.?
I know I have a 64bit machine. I'm trying to download the tool though using
my vista machine just because it's easier for me at this moment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+stepserve=comcast....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Tinney via Talk
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 9:54 AM
To: Larry Higgins; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: In the process of upgrading to Windows 10, but a question or
two

Larry,

That's how I upgraded the computers around here.  I used the media
creation tool which is available from Microsoft.  I deleted the file
after upgrading all of the computers, but just search for it on the
Microsoft.com site.  I didn't download the Windows 10 installation file
on a flash drive, just put the creation tool file on a flash drive and
let each computer download its own copy of the installation file, it
didn't take that long, only about an hour or so to download the file.

Bob, K8LR, tinn...@charter.net

On 4/16/2016 7:58 AM, Larry Higgins via Talk wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Do you remember where you found the media tool, and if so, where.
>
> I really don't mind waiting a bit for my download, but I really don't
> appreciate having no indication as to if the download is even taking
> place. I see  no indication that any vestige of the file has been
> downloaded anywhere, not even in the temp folder. I've checked the
> temp folder by using the run command, and typing temp. I guess that is
> the right way to go about it, as well as the proper folder to be
> looking for files in the process of being created or in this case,
> downloaded. Of course, I keep my eye on the download folder as well.
>
> Who knows, my frustrations may be over nothing. I mean, this may be
> normal behavior for the upgrade process, but I just don't understand
> why a download process should go so slow, that is if it is going at all.
>
> Anyway, I guess that is enough ranting for one message.
>
> But again Michael, if you could tell me just where to go to find that
> tool, or how to look for it, that might be the answer.
>
> Just hope I have a flash drive big enough for the download. I think it
> is supposed to be something like 3gb?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry
>
> On 4/16/2016 4:58 AM, michaeel's mail via Talk wrote:
>> Hi I gave up doing it that way my down load was so slow.
>> I down loaded a microsoft media tool that makes a windows 10 folder
>> on a flash drive then install it from that much faster.
>> Cheers Michael.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Bob Tinney via Talk
>> Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 9:52 PM
>> To: Lloyd Rasmussen ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
>> Subject: Re: In the process of upgrading to Windows 10, but a
>> question or two
>>
>> Larry,
>>
>> If the download is still showing 0 percent, close that download and
>> start the download  from the beginning again.
>>
>> Bob, K8LR, tinn...@charter.net
>>
>> On 4/15/2016 7:08 AM, Lloyd Rasmussen via Talk wrote:
>>> It may have been downloaded already. Or your network is really slow.
>>> Or the questions are appearing in a different dialog box than the
>>> one that acts like a web browser. Alt-Tab around and see what else
>>> is happening.
>>>

>>> Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
>>> http://lras.home.sprynet.com
>>> -----Original Message----- From: Larry Higgins via Talk
>>> Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 5:18 AM
>>> To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
>>> Subject: In the process of upgrading to Windows 10, but a question
>>> or two
>>>
>>> Listers,
>>>
>>> Maybe this has been thoroughly covered in previous discussions, but if
>>> so, it has been missed by me.
>>>
>>> I have been in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 since around
>>> 7:30pm yesterday evening, and it is now a little after 4am, and I am
>>> still getting the words when tabbing through the page "Starting
>>> Download" and "loading," but no apparent movement in the process.

> [...]

List archives can be found at