With respect - even if Window-eyes development and sales cease, continued use of Window-eyes will lock people into legacy computing.

I've just fought unsuccessfully with Window-eyes, Internet Explorer and my bank's web site and my non-technical view is that the bank makes changes to its coding which make Window-eyes unstable. Microsoft have still locked us out of the Edge Browser, and even if it truly commits to unlocking it, Will Window-Eyes know about Edge's latest and greatest.

I don't understand why people are buying cds when a personalised link to your serial number can be asked for at no cost. Transfer the downloaded file to an external storage device.

A working install from scratch is obviously sensible, but its value will reduce in the longer term as other parts of our computing experience change.

Based on comments from other users, I won't be hanging on the phone for 45 plus minutes to talk to someone who doesn't know about Window-Eyes - I do not live in the United States, and Window-Eyes is no lonhger worth the telephone charges.

And probably: to add to the contempt wiht which VFO treats its customers, i'll be told to talk to my local dealer.

If I were to ask who my local Window-Eyes dealer is, i'll be given the name of that dealer whom I know to be Window-Eyes useless.

If CSUN and official announcements reveal "an exciting new screen reader" which fixes all the bugs we are putting up with, i'll part with cash. I need a working screen reader, which is ready for when I have to update hardware and applications. I do not want it to be JFW, but i'd respond positively to a new screen reader which has been designed and developed by all of this talent which VFO apparently now has.

Vaughan.