What do you mean you have asked for a copy of your download to be put on their website? What download? Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Curtis Delzer via Talk
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:10 AM
To: Vaughan Dodd ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: We are alive

I have asked, many times for a copy of my download to be put on their
web site, and no response, is my answer. I have 9.5.3, but not 9.5.4 CD.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
WB6HEF
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 11:01:04 +1300
Vaughan Dodd via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

With respect - even if Window-eyes development and sales cease, continued use of Window-eyes will lock people into legacy computing.

I've just fought unsuccessfully with Window-eyes, Internet Explorer and my bank's web site and my non-technical view is that the bank makes changes to its coding which make Window-eyes unstable. Microsoft have still locked us out of the Edge Browser, and even if it truly commits to unlocking it, Will Window-Eyes know about Edge's latest and greatest.

I don't understand why people are buying cds when a personalised link to your serial number can be asked for at no cost. Transfer the downloaded file to an external storage device.

A working install from scratch is obviously sensible, but its value will reduce in the longer term as other parts of our computing experience change.

Based on comments from other users, I won't be hanging on the phone for 45 plus minutes to talk to someone who doesn't know about Window-Eyes - I do not live in the United States, and Window-Eyes is no lonhger worth the telephone charges.

And probably: to add to the contempt wiht which VFO treats its customers, i'll be told to talk to my local dealer.

If I were to ask who my local Window-Eyes dealer is, i'll be given the name of that dealer whom I know to be Window-Eyes useless.

If CSUN and official announcements reveal "an exciting new screen reader" which fixes all the bugs we are putting up with, i'll part with cash. I need a working screen reader, which is ready for when I have to update hardware and applications. I do not want it to be JFW, but i'd respond positively to a new screen reader which has been designed and developed by all of this talent which VFO apparently now has.

Vaughan.

On 2/26/2017 1:20 AM, Don Smith via Talk wrote:
> Yes, it is sad that at some point our beloved win eyes may cease to > exist.
>
>   >
> However, as long as we users still talk to each other, then the list is
> indeed alive and  will survive for some time yet.
>
> I was concerned that if I had a probmem with win eyes, I would not be > able
> to get support, so, I phoned fo and purchased the latest versioon of win
> eyes and if My version of win eyes gets sick and is unable to run, then > I
> can reinstall 9.5.4 and win eyes will live again.
>
> At present, I am running 9.5.4 on both a windows 7 and windows 10 > computers.
>
>   >
> And as long as we have wonderful like Rod and others, we are not buried > yet.
>
> Long live win eyes
>
> Don
>
>   >
> Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the > author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared.
>
> For membership options, visit > http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/vdodd001%40vodafone.co.nz. > For subscription options, visit > http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com > List archives can be found at > http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

---

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/geodom%40optonline.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com

---
http://www.avg.com