If Word 2003 is used while on the net then it is probably not as secure as the latest versions but more than likely doing all that most users require.

A way around the security aspect is to go off line prior to using Word 2003. Either turn off your modem, which can be a bit drastic sometines, or obtain a RJ45 switch which can isolate your system from the netwhich takes about as long as it takes to press a button on the device. About the same time to reconnect to the net when finished.

I purchase mine on Ebay and cost around $10 delivered. It is a small box which connects to the modem by cable one side and the computer on the other side. Press a button and the circuit is connected to the web or broken

Very useful for those times you don't want to turn off the computer for maybe an hour or so but don't want it left on line either.

Neville.