Hi Carol,
Going to the desktop is how I take care of the foreground staging screen too. And I usually don't see it again. Although it does pop up once in a while. And it certainly hasn't caused any problems. I only see it when I'm on the desktop anyway, after boot, waking, or having had gone to the desktop before transferring files to a thumb drive. All I can think of is to use Windows+D instead of Windows+M if that's what you use. It's all I do.
Hth,
Tom