Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Talking of walking routes in a more general sense , i.e. not official long
> distance paths but a favourite route/circuit e.g. the Old Dungeon
> Ghyll-Pike o'Blisco-Crinkle Crags-Band-Old Dungeon Ghyll route in the Lake
> District (excellent last day of last year's mapping party - a rare normal
> summer day in the abnormal summer of 2007!) do people see a scope for
> these to go into OSM itself, or best kept as a separate database which
> Freemap currently does?

TBH I would be fairly dubious about tagging any non-waymarked
walks/cycle rides as routes, let alone ones of my own devising. This
is "interpretation" which should be kept out of the largely factual OSM.

If we're going to have people's personal favourite walking routes, we
might as well also have the whole of BeerInTheEvening on our pub
nodes, and so on. At this point Fake Ed would probably pipe up with
something about the mapping provider ownz0ring all your data if he
were here. ;)

cheers
Richard