> Nick Whitelegg wrote:
>
> TBH I would be fairly dubious about tagging any non-waymarked
> walks/cycle rides as routes, let alone ones of my own devising. This
> is "interpretation" which should be kept out of the largely factual OSM.

The data might not fit into the OSM but its still useful. Many websites live
from
it, e.g. http://www.gps-tour.info/.

IMO an easy way to maintain these routes would be to define special tags to the
OSM GPS traces database (http://openstreetmap.org/traces).

E.g. in this case the tag could be 'recommended_walking_tour'.
The trace should contain only the tour and nothing else in this case.
A routing application that is aware of these tags could notify the user
about nearby recommended tours.

Grungelborz