Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>   Just as a reference, all maps made available at Oxford's Central
>>   Library are facsimiles of the original collection and they apply a
>>   non-commercial licence to all useage of them (may or may not stand
>>   up in law, but I can't afford lawyers).  Oxford University
>>   Library's Map Room bans cameras/etc and will only allow copies to
>>   be made by staff, with a similar licence applied.
>
> If you managed to sneak in a camera and use it, would the resulting
> images then be free of their licensing ideas?

Whatever the status of the images, you've still broken your agreement
with the library, if you allow them into commercial usage. So they may
decide to cancel your library card, ban you from the premises, block
everybody's free access to maps in future, and demand compensation if
that's in the terms & conditions you implicitly agreed to.

-- L