Hi,

> Simply move the proposal stuff into a different list without this
> posting is probably a very bad move, since this tends to become the
> "elitist circle" that most people want to avoid (including myself).

I don't consider the whole voting business "elitist". I'd say it is
one (of many) possible approaches and everyone who wants to use this
process can participate in the mailing list. The process should not be
forced onto all readers of talk.

> So is someone really willing to do the extra work to collect the "voting
> issues" posting weekly? I'm personally not, Robin maybe?

If someone would do that then the extra mailing list could perhaps be
dropped, with discussion taking place on the Wiki and one
"digest"-type mail per week on talk. If, however, nobody wants to do
the work, then an extra list is all the more important to make talk
readable again! You can't flood talk with all these messages and then
say this has to be so because nobody wants to write digests...?

> If we find someone, who is doing the above job we might start with this
> summary posting in talk, in addition to the current postings and see how
> it works out.

No, pleae not *in addition*, talk is difficult to follow as it is!

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'