In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:47 AM, J.D. Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I haven't
>>  bothered with reviving my 3000000 part of the 55949581 orphaned
>>  gpspoints, since the perlscript supplied for that operation indicates I
>>  have to re-enter the detailed descriptions again, and that would
>>  probably mean re-entering descriptions for 200+ files. It was enough of
>>  an ordeal the first time around.
>
> Hmm, that sounds counterproductive. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to
> add a "quick" option to the script to just put in blank
> descriptions...

The script doesn't force you to add descriptions at all. IIRC it
generates some default ones from the filenames.

Even without descriptions the files can still be associated with
their original owners and they can be restored to public status if
that is what the owner wants.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])