Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Lester Caine wrote:
>
>> We need ONE set of rendering rules that will produce consistent
>> results
>
> No we don't - that's half the point of OSM. If we had ONE set of
> rendering RULES then we wouldn't have a CYCLE map.

I'm not talking about STYLE - I'm talking base data!

ANY map can display what it wants, how it wants, but they will all have the
same problem where there are conflicts between area and node data. NOTHING
precludes rendering what ever we want, but how does the cycle map solve this
conflict? Just ignore 'parking' and this particular problem goes away, but if
someone decides parking needs to be on the cycle map which area/node data
should it work with? Do you have to re-write the renderer every time someone
comes up with a new conflict?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL